Background

Monday, June 13, 2011

Adoption is a Rescue Mission

Adoption is a rescue mission, but not in the way you may think. God is rescuing MY heart in this process and drawing me closer to him. He shows us through an earthly adoption how wonderfully glorious our heavenly adoption is. He has redeemed ME. He has saved ME. He has grafted me into his heavenly family. God’s nature is so evident in adoption and he has brought my family on this journey to see more fully the depth of his love for us. I believe God calls people to adoption to display a beautiful example of his redemption of us.

We can’t save Hannah. It’s not our job to rescue her. That’s God’s job. We are simply obeying God by going to get her. In the process he is saving me a little more and rescuing me a little more from myself and the things of this world that just don’t matter. I pray that one day Hannah will choose to accept God’s gift of salvation, and invite Jesus into her heart. That’s when the real rescuing happens! That’s the adoption that will really matter. The rejoicing on that day will remind me of how God used Hannah’s earthly adoption to help us see our adoption into God’s kingdom more clearly.

For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— Ephesians 1:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment